Sunday, November 25, 2012

Haters Gonna Hate

Brenton and I were talking today.
As is common.
About rap.
He was showing me some new rapper that he has found that upon first hearing him he thought he was annoying, but upon further listening he liked the flow.
I stayed in the first feeling.
Let me describe this to you...
Young.(Possibly high school)
White.(Albino/ginger mix)
Poor.(Of course.  You can't have rich rappers, that's silly!)
I wanted to punch him so many times in the face.
So many.
I dislike white rappers because 90% of the time because they sound ridiculous when they try to rap.  Just silly, really.
And they just copy what black rappers do.
And wear.
And say.
And think.
Now, don't get me wrong, there are some freakin' legit rappers out there that are white.
Like this guy...

.
..
...
....
.....
....
...
..
.
Please.
Please understand the humor in this.

No.

Really, though, there are some good white rappers.  Like Macklemore.
But you know why he is so good?

Because he DOESN'T do exactly what the black rappers do.  He doesn't try and emulate them.  Be exactly like they are.  Dress exactly like they do.
He raps about shopping at Goodwill for crying out loud!
.
..
...
....
.....
....
...
..
.
Now that right there is a good rapper.

His other stuff that is serious is good, too.  It's not all just fun and games.

So.
For those of you out there who don't know much about rap (and I know there are many.)
IKNOWWHOYOUARE
I wrote this little equation for you...
Talk about how rough your life was(go in to detail.  People like to feel bad for you) +
Talk about how you're super rich now(again, go in to detail.  People like to be jealous) +
Talk about all the "haters"(detail. detail. detail.  Name them specifically if you can) +
Make your own *dance move(or sing about one if you aren't creative enough) =
POPULAR RAP STAR OF THE YEAR AWARD
 OR, if you already have song like that, make a song about drinking, "hos", or shoes.(You'll get the same result)

*See stanky leg, cat daddy, dougie, two step, one two step, jerk, reject, etc. for some inspiration.

That being said, I still enjoy rap music because it makes my subs work.  But so does other forms of music.  And once those other forms utilize bass in the same way that rap does, I will no longer have a need for rap.
***
Also...I love not shaving.  Did I say that already?
Yet...for some sick, twisted reason I am really looking forward to trimming down to just my mustache again tomorrow.  A picture will follow I am sure.

Peace out my homies.

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment