Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tie'd Up

So.  It's official.
I'm a model.
So are my friends Brenton, Brian, Eric, and Mike.
My friend Brian started a tie company called Tie'd Up, which specializes in skinny ties, bow ties, and specialty boxes which include matching tie, cuff links, and pocket square.  His ideal market is couples getting married who need multiples of matching ties/accessories for groomsmen, family, etc.
HOWEVER, if you are just a tie enthusiast you can also use his services to get some sweet ties.
ANYWAY, we got to be models to be used on his website and Facebook page.
It was a really enjoyable day!
I would have no problem being a model for a living.
At least from my point of view.  Whether or not anyone would use me is a different conversation.
The photographer, Camille, who is Brian's sister, is a professional photographer.  She does good work.  She enjoyed my smile most.  It was great.
Talk about ego boost day!!
***
H'm...what else happened this weekend.
Church was good.  My momma came to the Singles Ward because she is the Stake Relief Society President.  She sat by me the whole time.
I'm pretty sure everyone think I have a mental problem.
Luckily that was my last week there, so I don't really care.
***
I got my first assignment of the school year.  And the school year hasn't even started!
It's to read a book by the first day of class.
The book is entitled Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box.
It is fantastic.
It is just over 170 pages and I'm about 2/3 done with it.  Probably finish it tomorrow, or possible Saturday or Sunday after I am already back in Rexburg.
Either way, I'll finish it before school starts.
I didn't think I would read much today because I was pretty tired when I started and wanted a nap.
Over 60 pages later I was thinking perhaps I would stop.
Ya.  It's THAT kind of book.  I just couldn't stop reading.
I suggest it to JUST ABOUT EVERYONE EVER.
It makes you think about your life and what you're doing and how you treat people.
Seriously.  Pick it up.  Or I'll lend you my copy...which is actually my mom's copy, but we'll fudge that detail.
***
Tonight at a big family dinner at a fancy restaurant we had a nice 1/2 hour conversation about why I'm not married yet.
Talk about fun.
And by fun...I mean mildly humiliating.
It was classic Davidson dinner-
Three couples:
Mom and Stepdad
Sister and husband
Brother and long-time girlfriend
Me
Get the picture, yet?
***
STORY TIME
We went out on Friday night to hang out with Brenton and Eric's friend, who just happened to be at a bar.
So we went to a bar.
This bar had karaoke.  As all good bars do.
So I sang my classic I Believe In A Thing Called Love.  Everyone loved it, cheered, and in the case of a few choice, middle-aged women decided it was a good idea to feel my body while doing so.
I thought that I was the homerun.  That I had hit it out the park and it was all down hill from there.  There was no reason to even follow that up.  They could just close the bar down after that.
I was wrong.
Eric and Brenton got up directly after me and blew ME out of the water.
They sang Still Fly by The Big Tymers.
The bar went nuts!
They were immediately karaoke gods who could do no wrong.
Afterwards a lovely young lady name Lisa began an arousing conversation with us, and we invited her to join us when we left to go to our favorite German-themed dance club, Ghustav's.  The conversation trailed off and we ended up leaving without our new friend.
We spent a good amount of time at our club where we again were rocking it so hard that people couldn't HELP but notice how awesome we are.
After a good amount of time there our friend Lisa showed up!
She danced the night away with us and even ended up exchanging digits with the better-looking member of our company.
IN CLOSING
We even saw her the next night BACK at Ghustav's.
T'was a good time.
***
The good news for YOU my normal, well-adjusted reader who isn't interested in quasi-models with nasty beards is that I shaved.
Happy day for you.
And America.

~Boy

2 comments:

  1. If you like leadership and self-deception you should read the anatomy of peace. I believe it's by the same author and most people like it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS by the same author. I've heard much about it and would enjoy reading it for sure.

      Delete