Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thank You Macklemore

I forgot what alone time felt like.
I have been working for the last 16 days straight in the oil fields of North Dakota.  For my job I am confined to a pickup truck with another man.
For 13-14 hours every day.
In case you don't know what that's like, it's worse than the mission field(in the sense of constant contact with someone).
The guy who worked with me today had to leave a little early, so I now have some time to myself.

Since being out here I have purchased 11 songs on iTunes, and they are as follows(in order):
Sure Be Cool If You Did - Blake Shelton
Better Dig Two - The Band Perry
Downtown - Lady Antebellum
Runnin' Outta Moonlight - Randy Houser
Carry On - Fun.
Hell and Back - Kid Ink
Let's Go - Travis Barker
My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark - Fall Out Boy
Take A Walk - Passion Pit
Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye - Luke Bryan
Pursuit of Happiness - Kid Cudi

I haven't listened to most of these songs since I downloaded them.  All because there is constantly another person there, and they probably won't like all my songs.
So this is the first time.
And I decided to start one song back in my download list...And We Danced - Macklemore.

It is nice being alone.
Except for the fact that it's Valentine's Day.
This is the loneliest Valentine's Day I've ever experienced.

Most V-Day(easier to spell) I spend alone because I don't have a S.O.
This year I do.
And I am 12 hours away from her.
I would give just about anything to be with her today instead of in a truck in the middle of a field in North Dakota.
However, if I'm going to be here, I'm glad I at least get to be alone here.

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment