Friday, December 10, 2010

#4

Boy, I am terrible at updating this regularly.
It's strange to me, and also testifies of the truthfulness of the Gospel that as soon as you try to do something good, or make a resolve to follow a certain commandment, satan* attacks you in that very way in which you will have the most trouble keeping that resolve.
For instance:  I made a decision this week that I would pay more** fast offerings each month.  What happens?  It turns out the speeding ticket that I got about a month ago will be do in a couple days and it is worth 262$$  Now, this is a test, and one at which I am determined to succeed.
*I learned from Sister Oaks(the wife of Elder Oaks, member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles) that she likes to not capitalize satan because she feels like she is dissing him each time she does so and it helps her feel better.  I like that idea.
**See any.
***
So, what's new.
Tonight at karaoke, which is part of my weekly routine, I just really wasn't feeling like being there.  I didn't really feel like going there in the first place and never have I hit so many red lights on the way there.  BUT, I owed Fiege money because he covered me the week before.  I went, sang a song, sat and watched football, talked to Amber, wasn't really having a good time and decided to leave.  I didn't say anything to anyone, I just grabbed my coat and left.  About 40 minutes later I got a text from Brian asking me where I was.
Sometimes I just don't feel like doing anything.  Time when I need to be low-key, potentially no-key, and have some time to myself.  My mom would say that's due to my green energy, and how yellow(social) energy isn't natural, so to do it for long periods of time wears me out and I need to just revert back into that state in which I am most comfortable, which is green(unsocial).  I don't think I can really disagree with her.  Sometimes I do things just because others want me to do things, and when I do that, I get tired of it and would rather quit.  I guess tonight was one of those nights.  ALSO another guy got up and took my song.  What a dunce.
***
Fable 3 came in the mail yesterday, from when I ordered it on Black Friday.  It it how I spent my evening.  It makes me happy.
"Video games are most exciting when life is not..."
***
I can touch my toes while standing.
Finally.
This has been a goal of mine for quite some time.
I'm glad to say I have finally accomplished something I put my mind(and body) to.

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment