Friday, December 3, 2010

Taco Seasoning

It would seem that certain Cubs Foods employees have a personality.  At 2 AM.  And an AMAZING sense of humor.
I hope you're getting the sarcasm.
Since today is Thursday, that means it was karaoke night at Buffalo Wild Wings in Northtown.  I had forgotten my wallets all day today, and it turned out that while I was home for a couple minutes before karaoke I ALSO forgot to grab them.  I drove up to BWWs.  Ate.  Sang.  Was merry.  Went to pay, and I had no money in my wallet, because I had no wallet.  Luckily my friend Fiege was willing to help me out and I promised to pay for him next week.
Unfortunately, I had also promised my mom I would pick up taco seasoning on the way home.  How can I do that with no money?  I can't.  So I headed straight home afterwards, grabbed my wallet, headed to Cub, which is my 24-hour saving angel store.  I found the taco seasoning fairly easily and proceeded to pay.  That is when I met this wonderful employee with a sense of humor.  No need to go into why exactly he thought he was so funny, just suffice it to say that he was/is weird.
***
Also on the way home from karaoke I felt I should take a certain way home, although I had decided yesterday evening I didn't want to take that way home anymore when coming from the northern metro.  So I went that way, and I passed a car on the side of the road with it's hazards on.  As I and another car got closer there appeared two people by the car, jumping up and down, trying to wave down helpful traffic passersby.  My conscience got the best of me, but not until it was too late and I was a ways down the road from them.  I immediately made a U-turn at the next light, drove back along the highway, took an off-ramp with another immediate U-turn, and then I was headed in the right direction to go help these stranded people.  As I got closer I noticed that another car had, in the time it took me to turn around, stopped to help them and they were using this individual's cell phone for some purpose.  And so I drove on and continued to home to get my money for taco seasoning.
***
Babies kinda rub off on you.  At first I'm a little scared of them because they are so fragile and precious and gross.  As they get a little older and I spend more time around them, however, I tend to like them a little.  I make mention specifically of my nephew Caelum.  He's just too darn cute.
My friend Megan said something to me that I already knew but had never had stated in this exact way so that it registered.  I have always been confused/disgusted by children because of the many things they do and for the most part disliked them due to hygiene.  Well, I had forgotten that children aren't just children.  There is an adult inside that little body that just doesn't know how to function yet.  It's not the fault of the child that it is out of place.  It is just LITERALLY out of place in it's own body and is trying to get used to things.  Makes me think...
***
Work has been really slow lately.  REALLY slow.  Terribly slow...
***
Now time for another Mormon Message and off to bed with me!

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment