Monday, December 13, 2010

Why Do We Fall, Bruce?

Watching movies about super heroes always makes me feel like such a weakling.  Or 300.  While Spartans aren't super heroes, they sure have the power to belittle someone.
During Institute last week we had a discussion about how we should do our homework on the Sabbath.  Many in class are going to school, and so this would have an effect on them.  I am not in school currently, so I can't give up homework.  I decided to give up the thing that wastes most of my time, video games.  Not entirely, mind you.  Just on the Sabbath.  I've only done it for today, and it has been a bit of a challenge, but I think I will be able to do it as long as I stick my mind to it.  Could mean just a lot more time watching football on Sundays.  I also practiced my guitar for a while earlier.
Oh, so the point of the quote title and first sentences?  I am watching Batman Beyond and Dark Knight right now back-to-back.
***
This weekend in Minnesota we got over a foot of snow!!  Talk about crazy snow.  Tons of it.  Somewhere between 17" to 2 feet!!  There is a 6 foot pile in front of our house along the walkway.  I want to swan dive into it quite desperately.
It started on Friday night/Saturday morning.
I was up in Harris with my friend/crush Megan, having a good time and chatting it up late into the night, when it started snowing.  For a while I thought I could leave and make it home before it got too bad.  I was wrong.  Before I knew it, minutes turned to hours and it was 4AM.  The snow had piled up quite high and I had a meeting to be at (either in person or via telephone) at 10AM.  We decided that it would be better if I stayed.  Luckily Megan has an apartment/studio/thing/area above her garage and I got to stay there until the morning.
The alarm went off to early.  It was right on time, but FAR too early for my liking.
My phone was almost dead and it was time for my conference call.  I threw on my coat and trudged through the already quite impressive amount of snow to my car.  Of course I forgot my wall charger.
I sat in my car for the next hour and 20 minutes on this call.  The heat was on, so my car got quite toasty, and slowly more covered in snow.
After that I went back inside and to make a long story not quite as long, within a couple minutes Megan returned up to the apartment and used her influence to get me to come down for breakfast/lunch.  We only had a couple hours of sleep, and since I was thoroughly snowed-in at her house, we decided to take a nap later.  All-in-all it was a good day, but by nightfall the snow had stopped and I wanted to be home in my own bed for the evening. It took me a little over an hour and a half to get home, when normally it would take about an hour.  So, the roads weren't as bad as I had thought they would be, but they were still pretty bad.  I saw a total of 6 cars/trucks/SUVs in the ditch and one semi.
It was nice to be home.
***
The Ward Christmas Party tonight was really good.  Lots of friends.  Lots of food.  Tons of laughs.  My perfect equation for a pretty darn good evening.

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment