Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Lt. Colonel

I probably spend too much of my life playing video games.
***
Today was a fairly average day.  It started off like any other day: waking up at noon, preparing for work, reading in the Book of Mormon with breakfast, and leaving for work.
Work was normal and boring.  Except for one customer who spent over 825 bucks!  It's the biggest purchase I've ever seen and I'm guessing that the store has seen at least in a while.  The district manager even called to congratulate me.  All I did was stand there, scan in items, and tell her to have a good day!  She picked out all the clothes herself, didn't need help and wasn't fussy about anything.  It was my ideal customer.  And then she got me praises from my peers with little to no effort on my own part.  Who could ask for anything more?
After work was institute where we studied Doctrine and Covenants 59-64.  We began speaking about missionary work but by the end of the lesson we had moved to the topic of forgiveness.  I have always thought that I was a relatively good forgiver.  I don't hold many grudges.  I have an easy time laughing things off.  People like me.
***
Lately I've been watching Mormon Message videos off of YouTube before going to bed as a way to invite the Spirit more readily into my life and to keep myself away from other temptations.  It works fantastically!  And the people's stories in the videos are just amazing!!  I can't imagine going through some of the things they go through, and on top of that I can't imagine going through those experiences and then turning around and smiling.  This makes me think that maybe I'm not as good at forgiving as I would think, but than again, I haven't had them, so who knows...
If I ever do have them, I hope that I CAN keep a positive attitude and remember the Savior in all my trials.  He has promised us succor if we will but seek for it.
I love the Gospel.  Talking about it, no matter the circumstance, has a tendency to brighten my day and to bring peace to my soul.
***
Those little asterisks mean that I have leaped onto a different train of thought.
***
So, for the title of today's post I return to the beginning comments about video games.  Every night before bed I play Rock Band for a while to improve my rhythm and drumming, then I will play some Halo:Reach (which I just reached the rank of Lt. Colonel in), and end the evening with guitar practice and a Mormon Message video.
Tonight will be no different, minus the guitar practice;  I have to get up early to help put Christmas bulbs on the pine trees in back.

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment