Thursday, May 3, 2012

Good. Great. Grand.

I apologize for my previous post, in which I was in a less-than stellar mood.  I am much better today.
The Lord has some very miraculous ways of answering prayers.
LETMEGIVEYOUANEXAMPLE
This morning I was still feeling some of the grumbles from yesterday.
I really didn't want to deal with the day ahead of me.
So I prayed.
and prayed.
and prayed some more.
That Heavenly Father would simply let me get through this day without having a psychological meltdown.
He has answered.  In the SIMPLEST way!
I have seen a ton of my friends on campus today.  I've even received smiles from other passersby whom I do not know.  It has brightened my soul.
And now that makes me feel foolish for my attitude last night.
And my accusations of yesterday being such a terrible day.
In reality it was a pretty great day!  I just had an hour or two of sadness, and I let that get to me.  Which was the wrong way to handle things.
I apologize, interwebs, for filling you with my emo rant.


***


FOR INSTANCE:
Yesterday was awesome because I pulled out my guitar, which I haven't played in forever, and played for a while!  A couple hours actually.
Which had both amazing and not-so-amazing effects.
Amazing: My roommate thinks I sound as if I have gotten better, despite the fact that I haven't played in months.
Not-so-amazing: My fingers hurt.  A LOT!
Which stinks for the time being, but it is going to be awesome later, once they callus up.
I also had the opportunity to go to G's Dairy with an amazing girl, whom I think is just grand.
SOWHATWASISOUPSETABOUT?!
Time to move on...


***


I need to hit up the gym today.
I haven't had a great workout in a couple days, and so I feel less than stellar.  So I will try and get one of those today.
And if I can't do that, I will run.
Running is relaxing and draining and amazing.
I love feeling super tired after a workout.
So my goal for today is to get that feeling.


***


I may or may not be typing this while I am in my Marriage Prep class.
Do I feel guilty?  Probably not as much as I should.


***


I also need to spend more time playing guitar today.
On Sunday we had to opportunity to hear a special fireside with Cactus Jack.  Who is a new singer whose albums are sold in the Church bookstores.  It was awesome and all KINDS of inspirational.
It makes me want to sing more.
I used to sing all the time.  I was very musical.  Guitar, choir, e'erything!
At some point I buried that talent. Now THAT is something I feel guilty for.
And so I have goals set for today...
Gym
Guitar
Girls.


I know I didn't really talk about girls being a goal earlier, but girls are ALWAYS a goal.
THE goal.


~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment