Thursday, May 31, 2012

I.

It has been a long time.  I apologize.
It seems very easy for me to get sidetracked from posting on my blog.  If you haven't noticed that by now, and you are somewhat of a reader of my blog, I apologize.
I think part of the problem is when I have nothing in particular to post about, I'm not very good at making something up or acting like something cool happened when really nothing cool happened.
I'll give you a recap of my AMAZING three-day weekend...


A group of my friends and I had an INCREDIBLE plan for the Memorial Day weekend...
Brenton and I were going to leave Thursday night and head up to our friend's cabin in Island Park to get it ready for everyone else to come up early Friday afternoon.
CHANGEOFPLANS
We are now going to go up Saturday...to a different cabin.
CHANGEOFPLANS
Since a couple of the people that were going to come up with us have to give talks in church on Sunday we are just going to go up on Sunday after church and enjoy Sunday afternoon and Monday.
CHANGEOFPLANS
It is now Friday afternoon and I have already skipped my classes for today.  David (one of my roomies) comes in and informs us that he, as well as three of the other people that were going to go with us (including the girl who was in charge of all the plans for the weekend) are instead going down to Utah for the weekend.
But they try to make it ok by telling us that we can all still go to the cabin if we want.
...
So not going to happen.


So my awesome Memorial Day weekend was spent in my apartment.
OHEXCEPTFORTHATPARTWHEREWEALMOSTDIEDINTHEWILDERNESS
Ya...that happened.


Monday, after crushing it at the gym for a solid 2-3 hours we decide that those of us who were left in Rexburg would go to the Ice caves.
This seemed like a good idea.
However, the lady who was leading our caravan of happy travelers had NO FREAKIN' IDEA WHERE SHE WAS GOING!!
We found this out rather quickly...as she was trying to get to the Ice caves via some crazy back road from the freeway.  Anyone who has been out to the Ice caves or the Civil Defense caves knows that the way to get there is to just take the road past the WalMart FOREVER until you get there.
So we ended up never getting to the Ice caves.
But we DID get to drive around in the middle of nowhere for over 4 hours.  And I'll tell you what, that was just as fun.
Oh, wait....no it wasn't.
It basically sucked.  And I'm not just being a Negative Nancy.  It really did suck.  And you can ask anyone that we were with.  We all kinda wanted to shoot the lady who was supposed to be leading us.  We were all very cranky, had to use the bathroom, and could eat a small pony...EACH!
The upside to this story is that we DID find a sweet series of caves.  They weren't the Ice caves...but they were cool and small!  They went underground for a bit then came up for a bit then went back underground for a bit.  It was a super cool series of little mini cave/tunnels.  THAT part was fun.
***
And now it's almost the weekend, again!
Which I couldn't be more happy about.


Um...I feel like I need more I's in this post...
Ingeniously-built igneous igloos inhibit ice cream ingestion.
And THAT makes no sense, but at least I feel better about my I's.


~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment