Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Haiku Hiatus

So this whole break I'm going to really try and update the world on my life EVERY day.
This means I'm going to go ahead and skip the alphablog thing for a while (let's face it, I was never really good at it anyway).
BUT, seeing as how my life while back home currently has two themes, my blog will have two themes!
...instead of just one that I wasn't very good at fulfilling in the first place.
Running and beard.

I know what you're thinking, "Oh man, Spense, that sounds SO interesting!  I'm glad that you will be updating us on these things."
(You were saying that with heavy sarcasm.  I picked up on it over the internet, that's how heavy it was.)
You were actually probably thinking something more along the lines of "Why did I ever bother with reading this in the first place?"
You are a very judgmental person.  Shame on you.
***
Yesterday my mother, my brother, and I traveled to Green Bay for the annual Green Bay Packers Stockholders Meeting.
This may not interest you, because I am well aware that *most of the people who read this are female, but let me assure you that this is very rare and supremely cool!
(*see all)
Most professional sports teams are owned by a single owner.  This owner is usually some snooty, rich person. (I assume.  They could be really nice I suppose)  When changes are made to teams it is at the whim of the single owner, and profits from the team go to the single owner.
The Packers, however, are a publicly owned team!  This means that you can own stock in them and that they are run by a board of directors that are voted in to office by the shareholders. (I recently voted for these very people)  The profits from the team are obviously used to pay the players(just like every other team) and then the profits go back to the community.  6 million dollars this last season went back to the community.  They are also making huge renovations to the legendary stadium Lambeau Field, which normally have to be funded through taxes(in the case of the new Minnesota stadium), but these are funded through voluntary donations by stockholders.
Can you imagine if the U.S. Government was run like the Green Bay Packers?  There would be no trillions of dollars of deficit.  There would be bonus revenue to spend on and spoil the citizens.  Free lollipops anyone?
Needless to say, I love this football team, I love this stadium, I love this town, and I love my mother for paying for my brother and I to join her on this adventure!
(This is also the first image I have ever seen in which I can seen ANY sort of resemblance between my brother and I (despite his lack of hair and my overabundance...))









***
Seeing as how I am not at BYU-I right now, it is time for my traditional NOTSHAVINGEVER EVENT.
Exhibit A...
The moral of the story is this: I dislike shaving every day.  I dislike it very much.  Even to the point that I don't ever do it and will sometimes go a little too long at school without shaving and get spoken to by a teacher or testing center official.  So when I am home I rarely shave, even to the point of beard development(even though I am not overly fond of full-grown beards either) just because I can and no one will say anything about it besides "Gee, Spenser, you sure do look good with all that hair on your face.  It matches all the hair on your head and due to a particular set of hormones my body releases right now.  Kudos to you!"
Yup.
That actually happens.
Totally.
***
Last story for the day!
I went running yesterday.
That's it.  Good night!
Just kidding...
I went running.  And it was 91 degrees outside.  With 60% humidity.
I died.  But not really.
I did sweat a TON, though.  And wanted to cry a little.  And wanted to throw up a lot.  But I didn't.
I am now tracking my runs through http://www.mapmyrun.com, though, and that's pretty neat.  I suggest it to all my running friends.

THAT'S all.  Have a good night.

~Boy
P.S. It's raining a lot around here.  I can't wait for more rain.  I love rain.
This is what I dislike most about Rexburg.  Lack of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment