Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mothers Magic

I.
Love.
Minnesota.

It is my absolute favorite place in the world.  Minnesota and Wisconsin, that is...Minnesconsin.
My future wife must love it here as well.  This is NOT an option.
I have been all over this great country of mine (minus the east coast) and there are great things everywhere.  However, nowhere captures my heart like Minnesota.
OKIMDONERANTING
***
I've only been back for a day and a half but I am so stinkin' content.  Hence me currently sitting on the couch in my relatively new finished basement with a big bowl of ice cream, the Sunday newspaper comics, and Great Lake Warriors on the tele in front of me.

THIS JUST IN...
I MAY be slightly addicted to the History Channel.  I enjoy just about any and every show that they have on.
I'm not a junkie...I promise.
(Discovery Channel isn't bad either)
***
I may be happy and home in Minnesota but there are definitely some things I miss about Idaho...
...namely Miss'.
I think that's the way you would type that, but I honestly have no clue.
I meant  to say multiple Miss, meaning multiple girls.
I just like 'em.  They make life so much more meaningful.
It's a beautiful aspect of going to BYU-I.  Girls.
OKIMDONEMUMBLING
***
I'm loving this ice cream right now.
ANDSHARKWRANGLERSISONNEXT!
#BESTTIMEOFDAY
#SHARKSJUMPING6FEETOUTOFTHEWATER
...neither of those are real #s...
but they should be!
***
ok, prime example for why I love being home
THE FOLLOWING STORY IS REAL:
Upon completing my large bowl of ice cream I thought it would be a great idea to be kind and wash out my bowl.  Which I did.
My mom and my stepdad were in the kitchen talking about something or other and upon my arrival my mother asked me my opinion on some gospel topics.  Her story is that she is going to teach at girls camp or something this week.
We proceded to have a deep conversation about why young girls would care about keeping and making covenants.
This was obviously a little tough for me to perfectly emulate...seeing as how I am neither 12 NOR female.  But I did my best.
After speaking about this for a while we went downstairs and had family prayer.  It was great.
***
We had a terrific and safe trip home from Idaho and we even took a bunch of videos.  I hope to make a collaborated video of these adventures sometime soon.

~Boy
**EDIT**
JUST 3 or 4 minor notes I forgot to mention earlier, but shall make space and time for them now...
1.) In case you didn't notice, I really enjoy facial hair.  And truly despise shaving.  I wish it were possible to have a permanent 5'o'clock shadow.
2.) My hair is quite amazing.  I do not say this to brag but to simply make a point.  At church today(while back in my home singles ward(which has changed a lot and I no longer enjoy as much)) a random gentleman walked behind me and brushed my hair with his hand/wrist/forearm, for which he apologized immediately.  The females that were close in tow began teasing him about this encounter.  He stated he simply really wanted to touch my hair because it is so fluffy(in jest).  They all had a laugh(at my hair's expense may I add) and then the girls noted that they wouldn't mind also brushing my hair, and proceded to half ask if they could but without actually asking me, but instead in the form of a continued conversation between the three of them.
I consented.
They enjoyed it, and commented as such.
That's right.  Complete strangers enjoy touching my hair.  And then they tell their friends about it so THEY can touch my hair.
3.) I worked out a lot this semester.  A LOT.  I have achieved a weight of 190ish lbs.  This is more than I would like, despite the fact that I don't really show much sign of bulk.  So I have decided to spend this break from school(and the gym) running.  Every day.  At LEAST 3 miles.  I don't know if I would really be happy with less than 4 in all honesty.
Because now that I have muscles I would like to show them off.  I know this sounds terribly shallow, and it very well might be.
But I don't care because it will make me happy to be found attractive for once in my life.  I will not obsess over this, but I will demand better of myself.


That is all.
Merry Mike's Birthday!


~Boy(Again)

No comments:

Post a Comment