Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hold My Cake...

So...I have something to confess.
I. LOVE. The Olympics.
I always have.
I can remember being a kid in our humble little brown house on third street in River Falls, sitting in front of the TV with my family late at night watching the Olympics.
Those were the good old days...
Oh wait, this isn't time to reminisce.  This is time to proclaim my love for the Olympics!!!
Alongside my love for the Olympics is a love for volleyball.
NEEDLESSTOSAY I was in heaven for 95% of today because volleyball was ALL OVER the TV and internet.
Now, I am hesitant to say that I love volleyball too much because people always assume the worst.  They think that you watch it just to see some uber babes in super tight shorts.
No.
I really do love volleyball!
Are the beautiful girls nice?  Oh, of course!  But it's like the toy in the happy meal.  Not necessary, but awesome nonetheless.
Yes, so I was in jubilee today.
***
I am currently sitting on my couch watching the end of the Olympics tonight (which is swimming(WHICH I AM SO JEALOUS OF BECAUSE I AM NOT TERRIFIC AT SWIMMING)) eating this:
-This is Half Baked ice cream from Ben & Jerry's...IMPROVED!
That just means that I have smothered it with whip cream, chocolate syrup, and caramel syrup.
The story of this bowl is that when at the store today with mi madre we wanted to pick up some ice cream.  New York Super Fudge Chunk, another B&J creation, is my usual favorite.  At Cub, our grocery store, however B&J ice cream was 2 for 5$ today!  Can you believe that deal?!  If you can then you either trust me a lot or just don't know much about B&J prices.  Either way, I decided to get my normal NYSFC and then try something new, which would be this masterpiece.
It is delicious, even if it just looks like a random puddle of brown, black, and white.
***
Let's talk about life dreams here for a second...
I have found two in the last couple days.
They will remain life dreams for approximately another week or so, but that doesn't make them any less important!!
1.)Become a tugboat captain/work on a tugboat on the great lakes.  COULD be out of Duluth, but doesn't necessarily have to be.
2.)Become a line judge for volleyball in the Olympics.(You can guess why this recently became a life dream)
That's all for that.
***
BEARD TIME!!!
I have a bone to pick with pictures taken to represent my masculinity.
This does no justice to all the time, hard work, and dedication that I have put in to growing this thing!
You have no idea how bad I want to shave my face and cut my hair when I am running during the day.
It is so hot.
Take however hot it is for you when you forget to shave your legs for one day or something and times that by a BILLION.  On your face.
It really does make a difference, I promise.  Plus, I can't exactly put this in a ponytail can I?
...it has just come to my attention that I look slightly handicapped in the above photo.
To assure you that I am not in such a state, I will take a second, more normal picture for your enjoyment:
Ok, I have too much fun with my webcam.
That is all.

~Boy

2 comments:

  1. MMMM ice cream. i love that I'm not the only one that blogs about it's goodness. And good luck with the running with the beard. It's only going to get harder. You might want to start going at 5 in the morning or 10 at night. Those are my only tip, other then shave it, but I know you won't appreciate that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice cream is too delicious to NOT write about.
      I've thought multiple times about shaving it besides just the running reason. The top other reason being that I look like a bum when I go to the gym with my long, messy hair and pseudo-beard.
      It's to the point where I am fighting the principle of the thing vs. what I actually want.
      Also, luckily I DO enjoy night running.

      Delete