Friday, October 26, 2012

Stickin' Around

Today I traveled from Rexburg to Salt Lake City so that I could fly home for the weekend.
Why did I fly home for the weekend you ask?
I'll tell you later, let me finish my story.
So, as I was traveling, I saw an amazing view of the mountains in the distance off to the left with the clouds enveloping them on all sides except the side directly facing me.  It looked like something out of a Peter Jackson movie.
Just beautiful.
Picturesque.
It made me think to myself "How many experiences have I had like this that I have forgotten?"
I'm sure the answer is well above my understanding of numbers.
This made me recollect on numerous general conference talks and other such things that have told me to keep a journal.  Specifically a journal (or multiple) of blessings/dreams/special life experiences.
I've had each of these at separate times in my life.  Some even at the same time!
However, I haven't had a steady journal for the last 4 years.  Basically since getting back from my mission.
So I thought to myself that I should update this more regularly.
***
Now it's time for you to learn a little about me!
or if you're reading this in the future, about who I used to be/probably still am. (I am probably not going to change)
...
I notice things.
Let me correct that.
I notice EVERYTHING.
I may not remember everything very well, but if you ask me right afterwards, I am pretty dang good at noticing things.
LETMEGIVEYOUANEXAMPLE
Today I noticed a girl(not a girl of any importance, I promise) in my class.  She was wearing jeans.
This is the first time she had ever worn jeans to the class.
She normally wears slacks...or whatever you call them when women wear them.
These are the things I notice.
And I thought to myself...do I say something about this?  Do I mention that this is the first time she has worn jeans?  Is that creepy that I notice these things?

Now...this may have been a somewhat subjective story.
There are lots of times that I don't notice anything.
At all.
LETMEGIVEYOUANEXAMPLE
I can be walking across campus, walk past someone I know very well(or possibly even room with) and not notice them at all.  This is because I am preoccupied.
However if I am paying attention, which I do from time to time, I notice lots.  I see people I know out of the corner of my eye from all the way down the hall.
It's strange.
I remember the hat that the guy I saw in the bathroom at the rest stop on the way to Utah was wearing.  I also remember his general height.
Again...weird, I know.

Now you know some more about me.
***
We haven't had television in my apartment.  We DO have a projector.  But no TV.
So now I am sitting in my basement at home watching TV.
I don't even know if I am that interested in it.  But it's something to do in between bouts of family time.
***
I like popsicles a lot.
AND hot chocolate.


Two random facts for ya.
It's my way of saying "Thanks for reading this far"

~Boy

P.S. Movember starts in just a matter of days.  And you KNOW that I will be participating in that, growing out my sad, little mustache.  No matter how sad and little it is.
It's still mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment