Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rain, Rain...MAKE ME SOME HOT CHOCOLATE!

Sitting in the lounge/coffee area on east campus of Century college, watching the rain fall outside and listening to instrumental music (right now it's "Dearly Beloved" from the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack) is terribly relaxing.  I have finished all the homework-esque things I need to do for today, completely ignoring my Marketing homework, with a knowledge that I can do it tomorrow.
Walking to my first class this morning in the rain made me feel very jealous of people who had nothing to do today.  If I had nothing to do, walking in the rain would be a joy, but since I had somewhere to be, and things to do, walking in the rain was more of a nuisance.  Strange how, just because of circumstances, a simple thing can mean drastically different things.  Like laughter at a graduation party and laughter at a funeral.

I wish I had a hot cocoa to drink right now.  Like the one I purchased earlier.  Simply delicious.  I don't know the girls name who works every Tuesday morning at the Caribou on West Campus, but she makes a darn good hot chocolate.  I should know.  I get one every week.


I have a meeting for my second service learning opportunity in an hour, and I would be pretty nervous, if it wasn't for the serenity of the rain outside the window.

Have you ever played the game "life story?"  Where you and someone else sit in a public place and analyze all the people around you, making up ficticious life stories for them, leading them to be exactly where they are now.  It's fun with two people.  It's slightly creepy when you are the only one doing it.  You should try it sometime!  Coffee shops, malls, and restaurants are especially good places to try this out.

Being a person with a rather complicated, and full, social calendar, it is awesome to just sit for a bit and watch the world around me, wondeirng where everyone else is running to.

Oh philosophy, why do you have to be so pointless?

~I'm the opposite of moderate, immaculately polished with the spirit of a hustler and the swagger of a college kid.~

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment