Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Falling is definite; Failing is optional

Tonight I taught the lesson at FHE.  It was a lesson that was relevant to me and at least one other person.  I don't know what everyone else thought of it, and I'm not sure how I feel about it (besides the initial bad feeling of "ohmygoshIambadateverything...") but it was alright.
***
Apparently today was a holiday.
Known as Valentine's Day.
I don't know what I was expecting exactly.  I haven't had a Valentine.  Ever.  I don't know why I thought this year would somehow be different.
I dressed all fancy.  I was extra nice.  I was funny.
Oh wait, that's just like every other day of my existence.

It sucks to hear people talking about Valentine's Day and how awesome it is when they have someone, and it's just as annoying to hear people complain about Valentine's Day and how much it sucks when they DON'T have someone.  But it is darn near impossible to ignore the fact that you should be celebrating/crying alone on that day because EVERYONE ELSE IS.

So despite my best efforts to treat this just like any other day of my existence, I am left feeling sad and lonely.
***
A bunch of friends (approximately/exactly 8) and I went and saw The Eagle tonight.  It was really good!  I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though it didn't start 'til 10'o'clock!!  Seriously.  Who does that.  Why not have a freaking earlier late showing.  Like 9 or 8:30.  Why do you have to wait 'til 10?
Either way, it was good.  And tasteful.  There was action, and it was good action, and there was implied violence and blood, but no blood was shown, besides an old wound, and very little violence.  Oh, and no sex, either.  All-in-all, a good family movie for those who are interested in Historical Fiction.  Or what I believe is Historical Fiction.  I honestly have no idea.

Anywho, at the start of the movie 2 friends and myself showed up late.  2 of us (males)naturally sat on the ends that were open and the third (female) sat a row up.  The person (female) I was sitting next to got up and left to go sit with the person (female) who had sat up a row.  Leaving me in a seat that was next to two empty seats.  So, moral of the story was that I watched the movie by myself.  And there happened to be some people that I knew there.
So, on Valentine's Day I end up getting the bigger shaft than the usual shaft I am used to receiving when viewing movies with groups of friends.  It helped me feel good about myself, and I think I will make origami flowers, bake cookies, and find a unicorn to poop a golden rainbow for me, so that I can use the magical rainpoopbow as ink to write a book about how great life is and why I should win the Nobel Prize for happiness.
***
Shove that in your card and smoke it.

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment