Friday, February 4, 2011

Phew

So, tonight, due to the fact that it is a Thursday, I was at karaoke.  It was a good night.  There is much to be said about it.  BUT, I shall start with the most important things first.  Namely:
-I AM A ROCKSTAR!
That's really all that can be said about that.
Oh, why am I so confident in my ability to both rock and be a star you ask?  Let me tell you the lineup of songs I bellowed to the heavens of rock...
--Breakfast At Tiffany's - Deep Blue Something (Something light to start; also a crowd favorite)
--Handlebars - Flobots(Had to show those dumb High Schoolers was rapping really is.  Too bad they had left by this point...)
--I Believe In A Thing Called Love - The Darkness(A crowd, friend, personal favorite.  It's what I'm known for)
--Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz(An old-timey funkathon for/with my friend Nick)
--Headstrong - Trapt(Get my rock to the climax; also a favorite of Courtney's)
--Uprising - Muse(Last song of the night AND a first-time for me)
Now, check out that lineup!  What could be better?
Oh, much, you say?  Well, what do you know...
All-in-all, I feel good about the evening.  Got some good socializing.  Got some good cake.  Got some good hugs.  Lots of G'n'G.  Gots'N'Goods.
I dunno, I just made it up.  Probably not my best, but it's hard to compare with that line I used earlier about "old-timey funkathon's"...
Get bent.
***
Tomorrow is a full day.  I have to wake up *early and go to the Orthodontist to get the little metal bar on the back of my lower teeth fixed.(It broke while brushing my teeth last week.  Yes, apparently I brush that hard that I can break plastic molding)  Then it's off to Hastings to get a new Driver's License, hopefully, followed by 4-hours of American Eagle work.  Thanks heavens it's shipment.  I love doing shipment.  I get to be physical, listen to my own music, and STILL get all the benefits of co-worker chatter without the downside of terrible boredom and music on the sales floor.  Plus I do it alone, and that's kinda nice.  I like people and everything, but sometimes it's nice to just do things on your own, ya know?  After that it's off to Hudson to do some computer work with my brother-in-law Bryan.  Which I will enjoy immensely.  Seriously.  I will.

*Early for me is anytime before 10-noon.  I have to wake up at 8:30.  Boo hoo.
***
With that all in mind, it is time for bathroom and bed.  B'n'B, as I like to call it.
What?  That acronym is already used?  Well phooey.
How about restroom and rest, R'n'R?
That, too?
Shoot.

~Boy

P.S. Eating granola in the morning has been the GREATEST thing I have EVER done for my diet/intestinal track.

No comments:

Post a Comment