Tuesday, February 22, 2011

See Ya Later Butt Popcorn

The above statement is a translation of the only sentence I know how to say in Bulgarian.  Don't ask me to spell it on here.  It's impossible for me.
***
Today has been good, and you know how I know that?  I'm dead tired.
Days are always best if you end them ready to collapse.  Or so I like to believe...
Woke up and shoveled the driveway some more.  After all the snow we got it definitely needed to be shoveled a 2nd and 3rd time, and so it did.
Got ready for work.
Went to work for a couple hours.
Went to see I Am Number Four with my awesome friends.
Had Taco Mondays at Acapulco with same friends.  75 cent Tacos.  How do you beat that?!  And they are darn good tacos.
Spent the last couple hours playing Halo with Ivan.  All-in-all, it was a successful day, no matter what anyone else may say about it.
***
One of the beautiful messages of the Gospel is that you are as strong, or know as much, or are as saved as you allow yourself to be.  All the strength, glory, knowledge, spirit that God is willing to give you is entirely dependent upon yourself.  If you want to overcome something, it's as easy as turning off the natural man and allowing that strength to flow through you.  In application that can be really hard at times, but the principle is simple.  Same with knowledge.  God wants you to know His mysteries, and it is on your shoulders 100% whether or not He can reveal them to you, because He will never give you something that you're not prepared for.
It's awesome knowing the truth.

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment