Friday, February 11, 2011

From The Awkwardly Feminine To The Possibly Canadian

The current layout of my bedroom puts my computer directly in front of the window, or at least half of it, and the crack from where the blinds don't fully cover the window is directly to the right of my monitor.
Why am I telling you this?
Because now you know why the cold airs comes in through that crack and directly onto my hand atop my mouse, making it frigidly cold ALL THE TIME.
***
Despite the fact that I sleep in until noon most days, I am slowly getting on top of my life.  I'm working on finances, planning class schedules ahead, doing taxes, etc.  It's fantastic!  But you know when I do this stuff?  2 AM of course; When else would I do it?
***
Tonight, as I was at another amazing night of karaoke, my friend Natosha texted me asking me about girls and stuff.
First, note about girls: (or as far as my experience has brought me) if they want to know who you like, it means they like you, and want you to say them...OR, they want you to ask them in return who THEY like, and then they can tell you that they like you.
ANYWAY, I got sidetracked.
So, she texts me, and starts talking girls and asking me who I like.  I respond with my "vague" yet true answer that I like a lot of people.  She comments on my vagueness and proceeds to badger me for more information as to why I'm not dating anyone then.
I freeze.
I have no idea how to respond to that.
Why AREN'T I dating someone?
It really comes down to my low self-esteem, but you don't just tell people that everyday.  So I start searching for other reasons as to why, or what could possibly be fueling my self-esteem issues.
I've got nothing.  And so that's what I give her.
"I dunno..."  She isn't happy with that, but goes to bed anyway.
So, whatever issues I have with dating any of the people that I am interested in, I had better sort out rather quick-like if I want to have any chance of getting a girl in Idaho.
***
Getting your driver's license sucks.
Note: I've already had one, just from another state.
Now, I have to get one in Minnesota because I lost my Wisconsin ID, and I have to take a test and get my driver's record and it's all just very tedious.  It would be so much easier if there was an online database that the local DMV could go to and check on the status of my previous ID.  Oh wait, there is one of those already?
It's called the internet?
Well, I'll be darned.  Apparently the DMV has never of this magical thing.  Their website hasn't been updated in YEARS (or at least looks it), all their services are either by mail or by phone, and they're just about as helpful online as they are in person.
***
There is a nasty smell in my fridge and it is tainting the water.
My yogurt tastes terrible.  Never, EVER will I betray Yoplait, again.  Anything else just isn't the same.

~Boy

P.S. Wimp.com is a wonderful resource for finding interesting videos about science/life/comedy/etc.  It has blown my mind tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment