Monday, February 21, 2011

Winnie The Pooh

I think that checking Craigslist for "Missed Connections" might be my new nightly routine.
It's amazing!
Not because I'm looking for myself, but just because it's funny to see what other people put.  I would have a hard time doing that and ACTUALLY thinking someone would respond.  Plus, I haven't had many love-at-first-sight moments...if any.
***
Today was a good day full of goodly goodingtons.
Started off with church, which was really good.  Messages of hope, faith and enduring to the end.  Always good.
Priesthood was awesome.  We had a lesson on work and responsibility.
I love the analogy of the storm.

You see, not every single little choice we make matters to God.  It doesn't matter what shoes we wear today.  It doesn't matter what we eat for breakfast.
This is like a storm.
Imagine that you are a rain cloud inside of a storm.
You are definitely part of something bigger than yourself, don't ever think otherwise.
That is besides the point.
He will move the storm system by the winds, and thus He will move you, and He may make all the conditions perfect for you to rain and bless the Earth with moisture, but He won't force you.  He will put you right where you need to be, fill you with water, and wait, but never force.
And when you do choose to rain, He won't guide every raindrop.  They will fall where they will fall.
He makes the conditions just right for us and what we need, not what we want, and then when we choose to rain, he will allow us to choose where the droplets fall.
Will things get done in His own due time?  Absolutely.  We just receive the blessings if we are the ones to accomplish His designs, not just wait for some other rain cloud to come along.

So I recognize that there are probably loopholes and oddities in my analogy, but I like it all the same.  I also mixed a couple analogies together, I think but whatever.
***
After church I came home and had some lunch and took a long nap.
Only to be woken to eat dinner and shovel the driveway.

Just when we thought that all the snow in Minnesota was gone, we get one last glimpse of Snowpocalypse.  It snowed over a foot in less than 10 hours.  May not have been the BIGGEST/FASTEST snowfall, but it's still coming down, and isn't supposed to stop until sometime later tomorrow.  So much for the Groundhog saying that Spring was coming soon.  Looks to ME that we still have quite a bit of winter left.

Darn Groundhog.

That's fine by me.  I would still like to get in a snowboarding trip sometime this winter.
BUT, I am so ready for some sunshine and warmer temperatures.  Last week was just a teaser of what warmth feels like.  I can't wait for it to return, because I want to wear my flip flops again.

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment