Thursday, January 27, 2011

Boyhood

I've been sick for the last 3 days...It started on Sunday night, and I continued to do things for who KNOWS what reason.  I went out to FHE on Monday.  Went to Institute on Tuesday.  Now, I've spent all day today (Wednesday) inside, doing nothing but sluffing around the house.  I've decided that Wednesday is the worst day to be sick, because there is no good TV.  So, even when I go to my last resort of entertainment (TV) there is no relief.  I am just left to again, be bored out of my mind.
Watched a couple movies.
Played some video games.
Checked every website known to man.  Twice.
Still looking for things to do.
Guess I could be productive and practice guitar or something...Nah.
Been hacking up the nastiest colored gunk I've ever seen.  Not pleasant.  Not one bit.  By midday I feel alright, but in the morning and at night I feel like utter trash.
***
I had a dream the other day.  I don't remember the context of the dream, I just remember in the end of it, I had to snap someone's neck.  It was a mercy kill.  An escape for a loved one who was doomed to a much worse fate.
And even though I dreamed this, I can still recall the sound, the feel, the pop in my mind as if it actually happened.  It was a terrible feeling.  I hope I never have to experience anything even close to it in real life.
***
In institute on Tuesday night we spoke about Section 84 in the Doctrine and Covenants.  Usually we cover a couple sections a week, but this time we focused entirely on one.  It's the section about the Priesthood.  A really awesome section, worthy of study by any member of the Church.  Directly afterwards Ivan and I drove northward to give a blessing to a newly baptized member in the ward.  She is having a hard time with certain people in her life, and dealing with problems of feeling alone.  I think that just our willingness to give the blessing was a comfort to her in itself.  Hopefully our faithfulness, the missionaries prayers, and her determination for right will help to seal that blessing upon her for comfort and safety within the blessed arms of Christ.
It was neat to be able to learn about the priesthood, and then to go and act with that priesthood for the blessing of another child of God.  The Gospel is everywhere.
We had a conversation with the missionaries on Tuesday night before Institute, when we fed them, about how you can find the Gospel in absolutely anything.  And it's true!  Almost anything, when placed in the hands of one who has the Spirit, can be made into a metaphor of some key principle of the Gospel.
***
I need to buy new shoes.
I got into the trend of wearing "Chucks," despite the fact that they are completely flat-footed, offer no protection from the elements in winter, and get dirty really easily.  I am over this trend now, and want to go back to comfortable shoes that are nice to look at, nice to wear, and that are nice TO me.
It also helps that Ivan and I found a store at the Mall of America that sells really good hacky sacks.  So we both purchased one, and I hope to get back into it strongly.
***
It is time to go to bed now.  I am very tired, and as I mentioned earlier, nights aren't the best feeling times for me right now.

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment