Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New You

This weekend I made a last-minute decision to travel down to Chicago with Ivan to visit Ellie, Jessie, Gloria, and Joe.  Needless to say, it was a blast!!
And Ellie has the coolest family ever.  Period.
***
While visiting, Ivan and I attended church with Ellie and her family and in Elder's Quorum we conversed about goals, seeing as how it IS the New Year.  So, while sitting there, I decided to take a couple notes on my iPod Touch on any goals that came to my mind.  Here they are:
-Physical--swim every week
*I may need to wait 'til at college for this one, or get a gym membership
-Social--Go on a date once a month
*This is much bigger for me than it may appear for the average 20-something boy.  It could downright kill me.
-Spiritual--Fast, correctly, each month
-Fiscal--Save 1000$ by year's end
-Fiscal--Don't get pulled over all year
-Physical--Eat at least one fruit every day
-Spiritual/Cultural--Study a verse from the Book of Mormon every night in Japanese
-Spiritual--Attend the temple every month
-Spiritual--Get to know my Home Teaching families better/get at least 75% home taught each month
-Spiritual--Read applicable Preach My Gospel sections every two months
***
As you can see, most of the goals are spiritual, but I have a few more temporal items spattered in there.  I would really like to work on these, and they say the best way to keep a goal is to write it down.  So here it is.  As well as in a spreadsheet on my desktop.
Wish me luck!

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment