Friday, January 21, 2011

The Times They Are A-Changin'

So, I live a pretty care-free lifestyle.  That's fair to say.
There is one thing I care a lot about, though.
Fat.
I don't like it all that much.
Not on me.
Not on others.
Just not a big fan.

SO...I am quite saddened by my current state of affairs.
Now, I know what you're thinking: "Spenser, you're not fat at all?  What is your deal?" or maybe, "Spenser.  This is very inconsiderate.  Fat people can't help it." or perhaps, "You go, girl!"
Meh.

At one point during my mission I was doing 300 sit-ups a day, and over 100 push-ups a day.  What the crap happened?  I wasn't even buff, then!  That was to just keep off the fat from all the freakin' steak and other amazing food that people fed us(and all the junk I got in packages from my mom).

Don't get me wrong.  I love food.  I am not a health-nut.
I love eating candy.  I love drinking soda.
I could really care less how many calories I take in in a day.  I don't count.  I don't really work that hard to be the shape I am.
I just want to get back to the point where I can work out like I could in California.
But you know what my problem is?  Of course you do.  It's the same problem as every other person in America.  I get distracted.  By television.  By the internet.  By everything that ISN'T a productive activity.  By everything that keeps me in my ultra-comfortable rocking chair in front of my computer.

When I get to Idaho, I know I will be in much better shape.  I will be active.  I will have a gym.  I will have a pool.  What more could I need?
Here, I have a floor, some pull-up straps over a door, and a computer.

This is my post to dedicate myself to working out.  To getting stronger.  To becoming who I am supposed to be.
That's all.  Blargh.

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment