Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Too Late

B'uh.  I have to get up at 8.  Why do I do this to myself?
***
So, I've gotten into a terrible habit of, right around this time of night when I'm getting ready for bed, thinking about spiritual matters, or matters of some importance in the world and thinking to myself, "oh man!  I should blog about that!!  That's a really cool thought!" but instead getting distracted or discouraged and just going to bed and completely forgetting about them.  Tonight is no different.

Except here I am, writing.
***
So, in little bullets, here are small bits of what I have thought about in the last little while.
-Every message I've heard in church and elsewhere recently has been about moving on.  Letting go of the past and looking to the future.  This only makes sense being the start of the new year, but it also has special implications for me right now at this time of my life as well.  So, I guess that I'm getting the message to move on, and I shall do so.
-Is life like a chess game or like dominoes?  How do you explain fate vs. predestination?
-Think about the "daily bread."  The things that I need help with every day of my life.  Not what I need tomorrow.  Not about what I did yesterday(see bullet point #1).  What I need today.

That's all.
***
Tonight's thought, that finally got the better of me and made me feel that I HAD to write it somewhere, is that 95% of life is timing.  Or at least it is right now.

The Lord puts you in a certain place at a certain time so that you can perform a certain action.  What happens if while in that place and time you don't perform?  You have thrown off the timing.
Luckily, most of the places and times are of little significance in the grand scheme of things.  Unfortunately, we CAN make ourselves more miserable by missing out on those chances.  Let me give you an example:

-Girl C meets Boy B, they date, and break-up
-Boy A meets Girl A, they are acquaintances
-Boy A meets Girl B, they are friends, and travel a summer together as camp counselors
-Boy A meets Girl C, Boy A is smitten.  Girl C is also, secretly, smitten. <---
-Girl A meets Boy C, Boy A is smitten.  They are friends. --->
-Boy A and Girl C become good friends. <---
-Girl A develops feelings for Boy A; They are not returned.
-Girl B develops feelings for Boy A; They are not returned.
-Girls A and B lose interest in Boy A
-Girl C travels, sees Boy B, and is smitten with Boy B, again.
-Boy A and Girl C admit feelings for one another!
-Girl C begins dating Boy B.
-Boy C proposes to Girl A.
-Boy A is alone.

Do you see where the timing was?  In case you didn't notice, I put arrows pointing to the important parts.
--Had Boy A and Girl C been open from the beginning, Boy B would have never entered the picture.
--Had Girls A and B developed feelings BEFORE Boy A met Girl C, Girl C would have never been part of the picture.
--Had Boy C not waited, he could have lost Girl A.

So...we are left with timing.
It's amazing to me how tightly the puzzles of our lives fit together.  If we try to modify one piece, try to alter one step in the process, we can mess up our entire picture.  Or we can just end up lonely for a while.
Either way, we can mess things up due to our selfishness.  That's ultimately what being shy is.  It's being selfish and prideful.  We care more about our pride than about the timing that the Lord has worked to create.
***
Well, that's all fine and dandy, but what are you gonna do about it?
Notice the moments that you are in.  Take note and take charge of your life.  You've lost too many opportunities to being prideful and shy.  It's time to change.

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment