Monday, August 20, 2012

6-String Me Along

Today was an all-out amazing day.
LETMETELLYOUABOUTIT!
OHWAITYESTERDAYWASAMAZING,TOO!
So, yesterday some friends and I decided to go to the St. Cloud Quarry Park and Nature Preserve because we had heard about it from some of our other friends at our weekly volleyball night on Wednesday.
They said it was a quarry that you cliff jump in.
NATURALLY I was assuming this was going to be some dirt hole filled with water.
I. Was. Wrong.
This was the Garden of Eden.  It was beautiful and green.  It was hidden away from sight.  It was filled with young, attractive people having fun.  The water was even warm!  Despite the fact that it was only in the 70s yesterday.
My image of heaven on earth.  I shall proceed to post a picture and some videos:
ok, not the best picture.  But the videos are better!  Promise.














It was beautiful.  This is not a good pass.  OR a good video.  But you get to see a panorama of the quarry.
The lower cliff was cool because people could actually just run and jump over you! This was Eric doing just that.
You can see just how green and beautiful it was, as well as how clear the water is!

It was seriously amazing!  Just a 120 ft. deep hole in the ground that happened to be filled with water.  And happened to be seriously fun!  And happened to be an hour from where we live.
***
So that's what happened yesterday...then last night I spent the evening at Eric's house.
As is our tradition at Eric's, we fell asleep watching Netflix.  It just happened to be Scrub's last night(but that's irrelevant).
I fell asleep shortly after midnight and then woke up a number of hours later.  I had my hood(I fell asleep in a hoodie) over my head and I could see light peeking through.  I was very concerned so I pushed back the hood and saw that it was still pitch black outside.
I immediately became confused and started looking around the room to find the source of this distraction from my slumber.
Lo and behold it was the TV.  It was only 4AM, and the screen was ultra bright.  Bright enough to break through my hoodie AND my eyelids.
I turned off the TV and fell back asleep.
The rest of the day was pretty normal.
Woke up in time to get ready and go to church.  Snapped a quick photo of my beard's progress and headed off to church in my black suit.

Church was great!  Meetings were awesome.  Friends were awesome.  Travel was awesome.
I had one of my old friends who had left this ward and moved to southern Illinois tell me that I am charming, dashing, witty, and handsome.  Basically making my day.
THEN I had another friend run her hands through my beard and play with it, telling me she loves beards.  DOUBLE made my day.

I say travel was awesome because I made it home hitting NO red lights and having moderate to light traffic.  It was perfect.  All to be accompanied by 72 degrees and white, puffy clouds flying slowly overheard.
***
The afternoon was finished with a nap, a delicious dinner with the family, and playing a fun game with my mom before she went to bed.  I think it's called Dicecapades.  REALLY fun.  It would be fun to have out at school to play with friends.

Now I am enjoying an evening in sweat pants because it is a bit chilly in the basement.
Doesn't get much better than today.
Hope your Sabbath was equally amazing.

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment