Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Change Of Scenery

So...back in the day(which was QUITE a while ago) when I had a different blog and updated it basically everyday, I used to do those things where you answer a bunch of questions ALL THE TIME.
Today, being the special day that it is, I figured I would do one of them that I already have done in the past, leaving my answers from the past apparent and answering with my current answers.  This way you not only get to know me, you also get to know me from 6 years ago.
So...here it is!
...
Ok, I lied.  I started one, but it was taking FOREVER and there was a lot of really embarrassing/awkward stuff that I would rather just not talk about in public anymore.  Let's just say I've learned.
So instead I will reward you with a couple of interesting(useless) facts about me that you may not know!!!

1.) I really want to be a dad.  Almost as bad as I want to be a husband.
-I don't really have a lot of experience around young kids, mainly because my brother and sister keep their kids to themselves for the most part, but that doesn't mean that I don't think my nephew is adorable!
2.) I really enjoy girls who can play stringed instruments!  More than just about any other trait.
-Piano is technically a stringed instrument, so yes, it counts.
3.) I have been out of the country twice.
-Once to Canada, once to Japan.
3a.) I have taken 7 1/2 years of Japanese.
-No, I don't really speak it fluently.  I have forgotten a lot of it.
4.) I really enjoy manual labor.
-Working with my hands makes me feel like I've actually accomplished something.  Digging with a shovel is especially satisfying.
5.) I beat Super Mario Bros. 3 playing with my feet when I was younger than 6.
-Too bad we didn't have YouTube back then.  That crap would have gone viral!
6.) I prefer sleeping on my stomach.
-Which is often uncomfortable with a pillow, so I usually just use my arms, and my pillows spend time off to the sides of the bed being unused.
7.) The ocean terrifies me.
-It's so freakin' deep, dark, and scary!  Not to mention it is just full-to-overflowing with beasties that want to make me a snack.  Mostly octopi.  #TOOMANYARMS
8.) More people have seen me as a fully-grown, naked person as a missionary than as a non-missionary.  This one is a little PG-13.  I apologize.
-I went to the hospital a number of times during my mission, and was naked.
9.) I have a long and complicated relationship with caffeine.
-ok, not very long or complicated.  I gave it up for almost 2 years DESPITE my intense love for it during my growing years.
10.) I have had a #SusanGlenn for as long as I can remember.
-Watch the Axe commercial and find out what I'm talking about.
11.) I am a sucker for infomercials.
-I always watch them and think "Oh man!  That [probably terrible product I don't need] looks so cool!"  It's a good thing I don't have a ton of money to throw at things I don't need.
12.) I have never broken a bone.
-Knock on wood for that one!
13.) I still enjoy a good game of truth or dare.
-ALWAYS choose dare.  Truth is for pansies.
14.) I am much more afraid of the dark in enclosed spaces than I am in the open.
-Give me a dark, empty field and I am fine.  Put me in a dark, closed room and I will whimper like a sad puppy
15.) I can fit my whole fist in my mouth.
-This is an utterly worthless skill.

It is really hard to think of interesting things to say about yourself.  I prefer hearing others' interesting things.
***
It is SERIOUSLY bed time.  I am super tired.
Normally we have a big jug of water to drink from.  Unfortunately tonight that is not the case and I am instead drinking from plastic bottles like a grown baby.
Such is my fate.

~Boy

2 comments:

  1. Love this. Had no idea about the japanese. I can see you also reading Japanese comics. Just a side note. Number 5. Truly blew me away with that piece of knowledge. That is quite the talent and I don't know why you haven't kept it up! You could still be a youtube hit.
    And I agree with you on number 7. But I apply it to all dark bodies of water where I can't see the bottom and who knows what is down there ready to grab me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, you've got me pegged! When I was younger I did, in fact, read manga. I'm pretty sure the entire reason I started taking Japanese in the first place was because I loved video games, anime, etc.
    And, I know, right? What is down there?? I saw a big fish in a river I was floating and got a little frightened.

    ReplyDelete