Monday, August 6, 2012

Ipso Facto

Oh man, talk about one crazy weekend.
You ladies and gents are in for a treat!
BUT
before we go there, let's talk about something else.

I. Love. Board Games.
My mother and I were playing one of our favorites tonight when it dawned on me, for the billionth time in my life, just how much I enjoy games.
She asked me what games I had out at college with me and if I had gotten anyone to play with me in the last semester.
I, unfortunately, replied no after explaining the games I had.
My dear, sweet mommy then said perhaps I should just leave them at home so that I don't take up space with them.
And I said possibly the smartest thing I've ever said.
"But if I start dating someone, I have to know that she loves games.  And so I need games to play."

Ok, you were probably expecting something more profound, but that's all I've got at 11PM when conversing with my mom.

And it is so true!  I really hope that my wife loves playing games and being playful.  Because if not...
...she won't be my wife.
***
I thoroughly enjoyed posting the picture of myself from the past on the last post.
So much, even, that I wanted to do it again.
You see.
My mom has made a scrap book of my life up until graduation/college acceptance which is just LOADED with pictures of me when I looked terribly different than I do now.
I would like the world to see them.
I want to put them on my Facebook page someday, because I think it is THAT entertaining to look at them.
But alas, I cannot find my book!  It's not in it's normal spot, so I have given up looking for a small time, but I will find it sometime.
And sometime soon.
*insert victorious baby meme*
***
I will quickly get this out of the way so I can get to the story of my outrageous weekend, which I just KNOW you are dying to hear.
On another brief note, it is nice here!  It's not super hot, like it has been the last two weeks.  So nice even I'm wearing my sweat shorts instead of sweat pants!
Welcome to the most boring news you've EVER read.
(The above statements make no sense in context.  I can further explain them, but it's not really necessary.





************************************************************************
EPIC WEEKEND NEWS
Friday:
-Hit up the gym, like normal.
-Went back to Eric's and showered before going to the normal Friday night activity at the Institute.
-Activity was EXTREMELY dumb.  Turns out only extremely socially awkward and strange individuals go to the Friday night activity.
(Turns out I am extremely socially awkward and strange, I guess)
-Returned to Eric's with every intention of not going to swimming or having any fun, but instead watching a movie and going to bed probably.
-Instead went to a carwash to clean out my car(which had junk in it from our road trip home, still)
-Stopped at Cub Foods to use the restroom and purchase deodorant and almost got in a fight!  Some guys started talking crap to Eric, which luckily he handled like a champ.
-It started raining, so we decided it would be a good idea to egg cars.
(What were we thinking?)
-Went to the gas station and bought two dozen eggs.
-Proceded to try and egg cars.  In the rain.  At midnight.
-Passed out quite comfortably on Eric's couch.
Saturday:
-Woke up early to drive home and help my family unload food storage stuff at the chapel.
-Napped.
-Got up north just in time to see Eric's boat break down and have to get towed in.  It was great!
-Went to the gym and had a great workout.  Switched up the normal routine a lot.
-Had our awesome pool party.
-Waxed.
Sunday:
-Normal.

And THAT is my life.

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment