Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Saga Continues...

It's official, folks.  Allergy season has not only waged war on my immune system, but has won, slaughtered, burned the corpses, salted the earth, and cursed the ancestors of my immune system.  It was very discouraging to be sure.  I don't even think I stood a chance.
My nose is the main battleground, and the victims flow like water...from my nose.
I have a really runny nose.  That's what I'm trying to say.
Luckily for all the world I've taken a non-drowsy medication tonight. (which happens to be not working it would seem)
OKTHISBRINGSUPAQUESTION!!!
If I have a soops runny nose(like I do), why would I take a decongestant?  Doesn't a decongestant make your nose run?  This makes no sense to me...
Enough of that talk...
***
NOW TO TALK ABOUT THE THINGS I MENTIONED LAST NIGHT:
Karaoke
I love karaoke.  Very much so.  Really I just love singing, but karaoke gives me an opportunity to sing WHILE also establishing my dominance as a man because I am better than the people around me.
Hahaha
But seriously.  I'm pretty dang amazing.
I've heard that angels STOP singing when I start so they can listen.
Just ask them.  They'll TOTALLY tell you all about it.  Angels are kind of blabber mouths like that.
Joe
I have a friend.  Let's call him 'Joe' for lack of a better name.
How much are parents obligated to put up with for their child?
That may sound terrible, but let me explain...
If you are a parent, and you have done your best to raise your child, but they start doing ridiculously dumb things and make generally bad decisions, how long do you put up with it?
Obviously if they are out living on their own and doing whatever there is a limited amount of backlash you can unleash on them.  But if they are living under your roof, using your car, spending your money, when do you cut them off/kick them out?
Maybe I believe in a tougher form of love than others do, but I could not swaddle my child while they continue to make bad choices.
Am I in the wrong here?
Mission Injuries
I thought I would list all of the injuries I got on my mission because it would be fun to re-live those moments:
3 months: First appearance of kidney stone
5 months: Eye Ulcer
6 months: Epididymal cysts
8 months: Second appearance of kidney stone
9 months: black out in the bathroom in the middle of the night.  Hit my head on the sink.  Crawl back to bed for fear of standing up.
10 months: Step on nail doing service.  Nail goes partially through foot.
11 months: Kidney stone removal surgery
20 months: Bit on shin by dog
21 months: Bit on hand by dog

Conclusion?  WHATTHECRAPHAPPENEDFORTHEFIRSTHALFOFMYMISSION?!?
Worst injury for the second half is a dog bite.
What.
The
Crap.
And in case you are suddenly thinking that my life is full of accidents and hospital visits, trust me, it is not.  I have been to the hospital a total of 3 times in my 25 years(outside of the mission)
Strep throat when I was 13ish
Brain surgery when I was 16
Bad fever when I was 23(and that was just an urgent care.  Not even a real hospital)
SO don't be afraid for me.  I am a very healthy person.
HHH
These are the 3 reasons I should be married:
I'm healthy,
I'm handy,
and I'm handsome.
I thought it was clever, ok?
Gods Orchestra
I am constantly amazed by just how intricate, delicate, and orchestrated our world is.  At how all of these things can be found in our very lives!
I dunno...maybe it's just me.
But my life just feels like one big coincidence.  Or just series of coincidences one after the other.
"But Spenser, what on earth do you mean?"
I'LLGIVEYOUANEXAMPLE
My car recently was EXTREMELY low on gas.  Some might even say it was out.
I went to the auto shop to get my car fixed(in a lot of ways(which didn't include gas)) and it just happened that my mom's car had started emitting a strange smell from her air conditioning supply.
LONGSTORYSHORTIAMGETTINGGAS
Sorry, I realized that was going to be really boring for you to read, so I edited it.
Anyway, do you understand what I mean?
Our lives are crazy complicated, and I am constantly surprised at how they all turn out.
I have more examples but they are equally boring for everyone but me I'm sure.
Cheese
My ex-bishop(he was just recently released) had me over to his house just the other day to sample some cheeses.  He is a huge connoisseur of cheeses, and I once told him that I also like cheese, so now I am his cheese-eating buddy.
I have no problem with this.
I love cheese.
I had some ridiculously good cheeses with him.  INCLUDING 10 year old Cheddar.
Good stuff.

I think that's all I've got for today.
What did I do all day yesterday, you ask?
Oh you know....BUILDING A FIRE PIT.  I'll take a picture of it later and put it on my facebook or here.  I dunno.  One or both of those.
It looks great.  That's all I can say about it.
OH and I got new shoes.  Running shoes AND comfy shoes.

That's all little ones.
I'm off to sleep(maybe).

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment