Monday, August 6, 2012

Cucumbers!!!

I, right now, am eating a plate full of cucumbers covered in Italian dressing.
It is delicious.
However, it is NOT ice cream.
But it is delicious!
But still not ice cream.




************************************************************************
The last couple days spent with some of my best friends has led to a new appreciation for life.  And a new appreciation for the Gospel.
I am so grateful that we have the opportunity to make mistakes.
But I am more grateful that we have the opportunity to repent.
I cannot imagine how sad and terrible life would be if this was not a possibility.

In talking and reminiscing about the old days with my compadres I have learned that I am definitely not as bad of a person as I think I am, and was never as bad as I thought I was.  This has brought me great comfort and fills me with incredible hope for my future.
Sometimes I fall in to the fable that I am too far gone.  That there is no hope for someone like me.
Then I see those around me who have gone through worse and become better, making my trials, sins, and temptations seem ever so unimportant and minuscule.
How selfish and prideful we humans are to think that we have it worse or are worse off in any way than anyone else.
***
Also, with my ever so brief stop in my home town this evening, I have become extremely grateful that I got to leave that town.
Don't get me wrong.  I love it.
I wouldn't even mind raising my own children near there.  But I needed to escape.
Everyone did.
There are so many who never did, and are trapped in the same routine of alcohol, sex, drugs, poker, and working just to afford the other four things.
It is sad.
Yet, there is a part of me that longs to go back.  JUST so I can show the rest that are trapped in that lifestyle how much you can change if you leave.

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment