Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Was Scared

Some people are able to handle sadness and/or anger in very healthy ways, including
REMEMBER THE METAPHOR

sorry, I had to write that so I would remember the metaphor I invented while in the restroom.
Let's go back...
...ways, including my friend Kate.  I'm currently talking to her about things we could/would change if given the power to do so, and why exactly we are afraid of change and such.
I explained that I would like to change the way I feel about myself, which is COMPLETELY within my grasp to change, but I don't change it because there is a part of me that wants to feel that way about myself.  It's very convoluted.  I could explain in more detail if you would like.
ANYWAY, she told me how she enjoys being sad from time to time because it helps her focus and make changes in her life.  To which I quickly congratulated her for having such a healthy way of dealing with sadness!

I, on the other hand, deal poorly with sadness.  Kind of....
In the specific area in which I am experiencing sadness, I collapse.
But I become amazing in everything else!
So...for the first metaphor let's say I trip and fall while running a race, I will proceed to suck at running for a while.  I may not even try and get up to finish the race.  HOWEVER, I will be able to do trigonometry in my head while lying there on the ground not running and silently weeping like a child.
Make sense?

This metaphor made me stumble upon a different, BETTER metaphor.
(This is the one from earlier that I had to remind myself to bring up)
My bench press at the gym has been plateauing if not getting worse lately, and this is because I am expending too much energy on the letting down.  This leaves me with less energy for the pushing up part.
This is like life.
If we expend so much energy on cushioning ourselves for the fall, we are not going to have enough energy to rebuild ourselves and get back up.  We are going to need a spotter.  Someone to help us get back up.  So if we want to work out on our own, we need to be ok with weight crashing down on us, and putting our energy towards getting back up, not just bracing ourselves for the fall.

Pretty good, right?
Where was all this going?
Oh ya, change.  It's not scary or hard unless we make it that way.
Remember, satan only has as much control over us as we give to him.  No more and no less.
******************************************
Attractive, no?
******************************************
Oh man, do I ever want to go adventuring in the wilderness right now!
Luckily I have tons of wilderness around me, within a short drive.
Unluckily I have no mountains to put in said wilderness.
I suppose 13,000+ lakes will have to do.

~Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment